Monday, October 20, 2003

Honda Repair

<Brag>
Last weekend, I saved myself a chunk of money by replacing my Accord's Lock Actuator. Lock Actuator is the electrical component which controls the power lock operation on a door. The part itself costs around $41. Considering the fact that I'm naive at repairing automobiles, it took me about 2 hours to replace the Lock actuator without damaging or breaking anything. :) Similar job would have cost me about $300 at any dealer.
</Brag>

While doing the homework for the above, I came across several sites which are incredibly useful if you plan to do it yourself.

http://board.hondasociety.com
Online Forum for interacting with other DIYers. This is where I got my information on how to replace the Lock Actuator.

Honda's ServiceExpress
Service Express is American Honda's Web-based system for delivering electronic service publications to the aftermarket. In Service Express, technicians have access to Service Manuals, Service Bulletins, ServiceNews, Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals, and Body Repair Manuals in one convenient place.

Helm Inc
Helm is the place to go for Service Manual, OBD (on-board diagnostic) tools. They also offer Honda authorized Training for mechanics. Helm supports other car manufacturers too.

While above information applies only for Honda's and Acura's. I'm sure there should be similar sites for other cars too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home